Brother is one of the few sewing and embroidery machine brands having solutions for every need emerging in the sewing world. That is the reason they have so many loyal customers who even don’t consider trying machines from other brands.
But there are just too many models to choose from. To help you excel in your projects/ tasks related to sewing and embroidery and help you know what machine will be best for you, I have created this best Brother sewing & embroidery machine review.
AT A GLANCE
Best Brother Sewing & Embroidery Machine Reviews
When I purchased my first embroidery machine from Brother, I only knew how much time I spent in researching. My schedule at that time was to first search on the internet and then visit the exclusive Brother store in our city for live preview and understand different features.
My research also involved asking some of my friends how their Brother machine is working. I remember it took me 3-4 visits to the Brother store, reviews from 3 of my friends, and many hours in front of my computer before I purchased my Brother SE400.
I learned a lot from this machine, not only about embroidery with a computerized machine but also about the brand Brother. I want to share my experiences with you, and at the same time, I want to prevent you from the hassles I faced before purchasing my first-ever sewing and embroidery machine.
Today, I am creating this best Brother sewing & embroidery machine review because I feel I can guide you to get the best.
Brother SE600 is the most reliable combo of sewing and embroidery machines. The company says that it gives life to your creativity, and I agree with that.
With this machine, you don’t need any outside inspiration for your sewing or embroidery tasks because it comes with 103 inbuilt sewing stitches and 80 different embroidery patterns.
The primary features of this machine include a 4” square embroidery field, Big touch screen LCD of 3.2”, inbuilt USB port, and enhanced workspace. If you want to learn embroidery using a Brother SE600, click here.
You can use this machine for monogramming as well as lettering projects because it comes with 9-inbuilt fonts. After seeing 7-sewing feet (adaptable/ easy-to-change) in the box, you will realize that it minimizes the need for spending anything on accessories.
- Automatic needle threader saves your time and, of course, eyes.
- Embroidery pattern editing features allow doing multiple tasks with ease.
- The Sew Smart LCD touchscreen allows previewing the designs before finally stitching.
- Inbuilt LED light brightens the work area and helps users while dealing with dark fabrics and intricate designs.
- Users can view helpful tutorials on its touchscreen LCD for free.
- Nothing much to worry yet
Brother SE600 might not be your dream sewing and embroidery machine yet, but it can be the best machine you have ever used. Whether you are a newbie or an advanced sewer, you’ll get excellent results and satisfaction/ peace of mind after using this machine.
My second pick, Brother PE535, is the best value-for-money embroidery machine. It allows users to access exclusive features of high-end embroidery machines without hurting their pockets.
When people start with embroidery, they often search for an affordable and feature-full machine. Their search ends when they take the tour of Brother PE535.
It is compact, portable, easy-to-use, and features 80 distinctive inbuilt embroidery designs. The overall color of this machine is white, except the light grey panel with a touchscreen LCD.
It allows you to get embroidery designs from external sources like iBroidery and import as well as save into its inbuilt memory. With designs saved in its memory, you don’t need to, again and again, plug the USB.
- Its automatic needle threader is a real time saver.
- Users can learn a lot with its inbuilt tutorials accessible through the LCD.
- It allows creating embroidery designs on almost all kinds of fabric, except super-thick.
- Setting up this machine is quite simple.
- As it is lightweight and compact, carrying it from one place to another is almost effortless.
- Not the right choice for advanced users.
Brother PE535 is an embroidery machine that comes with 80 inbuilt designs and gives users the option to enjoy advanced features without spending much.
If you have a small-sized sewing table, this is the compact embroidery machine to keep on it. Everyone looking for a low-priced computerized embroidery machine can go for it.
Only a few people can do embroidery with a sewing machine; others prefer a separate embroidery machine. My next pick is Brother SE400, and I call it the best combo machine for beginners.
This high-quality machine knows how to help you finish tasks related to sewing, quilting, and embroidery quickly and efficiently.
It features a 4×4-inch embroidery field that is suitable for beginners because they usually don’t engage in large embroidery patterns.
You’ll find that it also features 70 inbuilt embroidery designs, 67 different sewing stitches, and a total of 5 lettering fonts. If you want to sew and embroider designs collected from external sources, its inbuilt USB port helps you do that too.
Being a beginner, embroidering a design in the first attempt is not easy. Keeping this in mind, manufacturers have integrated a big, colored touchscreen display. With this display, you can preview the designs before finally completing them on the fabric.
- The backlit touchscreen display allows users to view stitches, embroidery designs, and fonts with ease.
- It features an inbuilt USB port that allows users to import numerous embroidery patterns.
- Auto Thread Cutter simplifies cutting the bobbin and top thread.
- It comes with a limited warranty of 25 years.
- The availability of LED lights brightens the work area.
- Not the best choice for professionals and advanced users.
Brother SE400 helped me learn using an embroidery machine. I know how easily it provides excellent results all the time. Beginners gain confidence when their sewing machine supports them. It is one of those machines.
If I have to name this year’s best Brother embroidery machines with advanced features, I’ll keep Brother PE800 at the top.
When it comes to the features of this advanced machine, it comes with 138 inbuilt embroidery designs comprising of florals, scrollwork, quilt patterns, and many more. In addition to this, 11 inbuilt fonts make it one of the best machines for lettering and monogramming tasks.
Its 3.2” colored LCD touchscreen allows previewing the patterns before embroidering. Its embroidery field of 5×7-inches makes it the preferred choice of everyone involved in making large embroidery projects.
The availability of pattern editing features is going to bring a smile on your face. With this feature, you get the flexibility to increase or reduce the size of embroidery patterns, rotate designs, mirror-image them, and preview how the edited design on the colored LCD screen.
- Design editing features make sure that users get nothing but the best designs all the time.
- Users can see helpful and crucial instructions as well as tips on its LCD touchscreen.
- Auto needle threader saves time and prevents eyes from strain.
- The embroidery field of 5×7-inches provides enough space for big projects.
- Its operations manual is comprehensive and easy-to-understand.
- People new to embroidery machines may report it as a next-level machine, which is true.
Creativity has no limits. Brother PE800 is the best choice for people already familiar with computerized embroidery machines and looking forward to a bright career with new and advanced features of an embroidery machine.
Brother SE1900 is a big name amongst professional sewers and embroiders. Most features of this machine help them finish even the toughest tasks quickly and easily.
The higher number of inbuilt designs and stitches benefits professionals the most. With this machine, manufacturers have made sure that you can easily access 240 inbuilt stitches and 138 inbuilt embroidery designs through its LCD screen.
I like the Custom Stitch feature of this machine a lot because it allows users to not only design custom stitches but also save them on this machine to use in the future. The large workspace of 5×7-inches makes sure that professionals always have ample space to finish their projects with ease.
- The drop-in bobbin is a time saver as it prevents this machine from jamming.
- Next-level needle threader allows users to thread a needle with only the press of a lever.
- The colored touchscreen of 3.2” is large enough to access editing features and preview designs.
- The availability of 8-sewing foot lowers your accessories budget.
- Its 11 embroidery fonts help in creating versatile monograms.
- Some people will find it costly, but it is a value for money sewing and embroidery machine for professionals.
If you are a professional sewer or embroider, note that it is the best sewing and embroidery machine you can have. You’ll find almost all its features useful. If you are not a pro, but deals mostly with larger embroidery projects, then also you can go for this machine.
Brother Sewing & Embroidery Machine Buying Guide
Things to Consider
With Brother, there is a satisfaction that you are investing your money wisely. But there are still a few things you should consider before buying a Brother. Let’s find out more about them.
Whether you are starting with sewing or are already into sewing, a robust sewing machine enhances your confidence. The sewing and embroidery machine with a powerful motor helps you finish tasks efficiently and quickly.
With such results, you feel like indulging more in such tasks. Before making the purchase, check the power of its motor.
Another crucial thing to consider is the cost of the machine. Brother makes low-priced as well as high-priced machines. The basis of this variation is features and the kinds of users buying that machine.
For example, the sewing and embroidery machines for beginners have less (but all essential) features and are easily affordable. However, those for advanced users have more features and are highly-priced. So, find out what kind of user you are and which features are must-have features for you.
There is one more reason for considering the price – your budget. Make sure the sewing and embroidery machine you finalize is within your budget.
Key features depend upon your use. If you are often engaged in sewing tasks and want a machine good in them, focus on features like types of stitches, whether it is mechanical or electronic, and other features crucial for sewing tasks.
If you are going to do more embroidery tasks, focus on features like inbuilt embroidery designs, connectivity options, type and size of the LCD screen, and others.
Advantages of Computerized Brother Machine
Today is the time of computerized sewing and embroidery machines. They feature an inbuilt microprocessor that helps in doing several sewing and embroidery-related tasks effectively and efficiently.
The user-interface of these machines is quite easy to understand and use. Earlier, the sewers engaged in simple tasks can now indulge in versatile sewing and embroidery projects just because of these modern machines.
Computerized sewing machines have different kinds of stitches stored in their memory. Users just need to feed instructions, and these machines will take care of the rest.
Computerized embroidery machines from Brother are a step ahead as they allow users to import embroidery designs from their computers, which they downloaded from the relevant website.
Another advantage of a computerized Brother machine is that it allows users to download the latest programs from the internet and use them for crafting superior sewing as well as embroidery projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Brother portfolio include Mechanical sewing machines also?
Brother is one of the few sewing machine manufacturers that has something for everyone. Yes, it produces mechanical sewing machines also. They offer basic features and are best for people completely new to sewing.
2. Can I trust Brother for my first embroidery machine?
Yes, you can trust it because Brother is a century-old brand. They know what users need and make machines accordingly. Their portfolio includes sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers, embroidery software, and a lot more things.
If you are a beginner, they have many models with features essential for a beginner. And if you are a professional, then also they have many models with advanced features. Everyone can trust Brother.
3. Monograms and embroidery designs are the same. Is it true?
Embroidery and Monogramming are not the same. Monograms are small patterns often used as a logo or initials, whereas embroidery designs are large and versatile patterns.
4. What to do if one of the best sewing machines I have sews in reverse?
If you own a mechanical sewing machine, check the position of its buttonhole lever. Make sure it is not down.
If you have an electronic or computerized model, you just need to turn it off and then turn back on. Doing this recalibrates the feed motor.
5. Do I need to oil my Brother sewing machine?
Most Brother embroidery sewing machines come pre-oiled because of which they operate efficiently for a long time. End users don’t have to oil their devices periodically. If you are still interested to learn the procedure, this article can explain oiling a sewing machine.
6. What is the relation between a needle and skipped stitches?
When your needle is incorrectly installed, damaged, or not appropriate for the type of project you’re doing, your sewing machine will skip stitches. Are you aware of the difference between needlepoint and cross stitch?
7. Many experts suggest purchasing the combo of Brother sewing embroidery machine instead of an individual sewing machine or a separate embroidery machine. Why?
Here are a few reasons why experts say like this:
- These combos help you save time by doing more work in less duration.
- These machines are easy-to-use, even for novice users.
- Brother often launches new features or developments through these machines.
Whether you are a beginner, an intermediate user, or a professional, you can always trust sewing and embroidery machines from Brother Industries. With the latest technology and advanced features, these machines help you finish even the complex tasks quickly and with ease. Brother SE600 is one of the most reliable combos from this brand.